We have other events planned in the coming months. Please join our mailing list for updates. And thank you for your support!
Saturday, September 27th
4 - 10 PM
Join us for our 5th annual Rocktoberfest celebration on Saturday, September 27 from 4pm to 10pm!
Our traditional, family-friendly "Oktoberfest-with-a-twist" features live music, delicious German street food and specialty beer on tap. This year we'll have more seating, beer and food stations!
Originating in Munich, Germany in the early 1800's, Oktoberfest is celebrated around the world. In Durham, Guglhupf brings an innovative spin to the festivities!
Food & Fun
- German street fare cooked and served on the patio, decorated with colorful banners and long tables for family-style dining.
- The grill will sizzle with house-made Bratwurst, Weisswurst and rotisserie chicken.
- A la carte sides include German potato salad, cucumber salad, braised red cabbage and Sauerkraut. Also on the menu: Zwiebelkuchen (a single-crust pie of steamed onions, cream and caraway seeds) and freshly-baked soft Brezels.
- For your sweet tooth: Berliner doughnuts, apple fritters and Strudl with ice cream ... all made in our bakery.
- Face-painting for both kids and adults alike!
Beer & Wine
- Specialty brews from Hacker-Pschorr Oktoberfest, Ayinger Oktoberfest, Weihenstephaner Oktoberfest, Highland Clawhammer Oktoberfest (local), Duck Rabbit Schwarzbier (local), Gaffel Kolsch, Bayerischer Bahnhof Gewurz Gose, and others ... along with wines by the glass.
Three bands will perform live on the patio:
Dig out your Dirndl dresses and Lederhosen for the party! Reservations are not needed ... just come along and join the festivities!
- The Oompah Trio (traditional Bavarian tunes) 5-7pm
- D-Town Brass 7-9pm
- Pipe 9-10pm
See you on the patio!
- Core Seafood Durham CSF (Community Supported Fisheries)
We are excited to once again partner with Core Sound Seafood by becoming a delivery location for their Durham CSF (Community Supported Fisheries) starting Thursday, April 3rd!
Core Sound Seafood delivers fresh, local seafood to customers through CSF shares and custom ordering. Similar to a CSA program in which the public buys directly from a farm, a CSF provides regular access to seafood bought directly from fisherman.
Deliveries to Guglhupf will be on Thursdays from 4-6pm, beginning April 3rd. Visit www.coresoundseafood.org to sign up for a regular CSF share or custom order. All seafood will be fresh (less than 48 hours out of the water!), local and filleted, ready for the pan. Share pricing works out to $11.25/lb for all seafood provided.
- Tuesday's: Wine Specials
Join us for a bottle of red or white wine at 50% off on Tuesday's only. Selections are chosen weekly. Just ask which selections we're promoting on our wine list (incase we forget to tell you).